Softball Pair Sign to Play College Ball

Victoria Mae Maldonado and Kristy Alanis to play for Texas A&M International University.

Alanis+and+Maldonado+stand+with+their+Fully+Loaded+teammates.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Softball Pair Sign to Play College Ball

Alanis and Maldonado stand with their Fully Loaded teammates.

Alondra Garcia

Alondra Garcia

Alondra Garcia

Jazmine Ramirez, Writer

Two PSJA Memorial Early College High School varsity softball players will be attend Texas A&M International on a softball athletic scholarship. Kristy Alanis & Victoria Maldonado have signed to the university on December 18 and will begin training this summer.

During the commitment to the university they thanked everyone who brought them to where they are today, specifically their family.

Softball coach Gilbert Rodriguez gave a heart-warming speech thanking them for their participation in softball and making the team memorable during his first year on the job when he led the team to the district play-offs. His words brought him to near tears knowing they will further their career in softball.

“It’s a great accomplishment, especially for the program. Knowing that they were not only here to learn, but to further their career in softball,” he said. “I’m ecstatic for these girls. They have done a good job not only in school but also out in the community.”

Maldonado and Alanis have been on the same teams, Pink Noiz and RGV Thunder, since childhood. They are currently playing for South Texas Fully-Loaded and the PSJA Memorial Varsity softball team.

Kristy Alanis and Victoria Mae Maldonado stand with their coaches, Marissa Gutierrez and Gilbert Rodriguez.

Alondra Garcia