FCA Organization Monthly Prayer Held at Front of School

Back to Article
Back to Article

Staff Photo

Staff Photo

Staff Photo

Ashley Rodriguez, Staff Writer

A gorgeous sunrise, light breeze, and live music. It’s a beautiful morning experienced monthly by the FCA club members and anyone who wants to join.

The FCA club has been hosting morning worship in front of the school since September  2018. Morning worship is a monthly activity where students and staff get the opportunity to listen to live Christian music and then hold hands in a group prayer at the end.

“Our goal as a club is to spread the word of Jesus Christ and having morning worship is a big part of that.” Mrs. Ortega, FCA sponsor, said, “ It makes my heart happy to see even see just a small group of students praising and understanding the importance of the Lord.”

This year’s members are a small amount but that doesn’t keep the FCA club from having faith and pursuing what they believe in.

“My goal is not to read the bible for a certain amount of time, but to feed my faith on the promises of God.” Jacquelyn Silva, FCA member, said.

The change from the number of students last year and this year is not nerve wracking for the club. According to Mrs. Ortega, after every morning worship there is an increase on the number of students who attend the Thursday club meetings.

“I’m glad that FCA hosts morning worship monthly because it feels so peaceful and calming as I listen to the gospel songs and sing along. It’s an amazing feeling to just stop worrying for a moment, pray, give thanks to the lord and be happy.,” Ashley Rodriguez, FCA member, said, “I wish more of my peers would come to experience the feeling of God’s presence as I do but I know God has a plan for everyone and I have faith that everything will turn out just as it’s supposed to be.”