The Memorialist

• April 8STAAR EOC State Exams this Week: English 1 on Tuesday. English 2 on Thursday.

• November 26AVAILABLE RESTROOMS: Upstairs A&D, Downstairs B&C

“In Depth” Yearbook Cover Recognized Nationally

The+Wolverine+Volume+21+yearbook+advisor%2C+J.+Aaron+Lozano%2C+editor+in+chief+Emily+Garcia%2C+and+assistant+editor+Jazmine+Ramirez.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Wolverine Volume 21 yearbook advisor, J. Aaron Lozano, editor in chief Emily Garcia, and assistant editor Jazmine Ramirez.

Jazmine Ramirez, Staff Writer

The cover of the 21st volume The Wolverine yearbook has been recognized as innovative and creative by Josten’s Look Book–  a publication that showcases the best of the best in yearbook design and coverage.

Volume 21 of The Wolverine was created last year by editor in chief, Emily Garcia and assistant editor, Jazmine Ramirez. Section editors included Nancy Vasquez, Dilia Vasquez Sydney Lerma, Stephanie Gonzalez, Serina Kornegay, Jennifer Crossman, Roxanna Sanchez and Karla Carrazco.  Mr. J. Aaron Lozano advised the publication.

“Working on that yearbook took up most of my time in high school, I’m happy to hear that we have been recognized for all our hard work,” 2018 graduate and editor in chief Emily Garcia said.

The Wolverine was one of 385 yearbooks selected from over 2,000 entries across North America. Every year since 2014, The Wolverine yearbook has been featured in the Jostons Look Book.

“Over the summer before school started, Jazmine and Emily brainstormed a cover idea that had a strong visual element,” Lozano, said. “It was something we had never seen before. I’m so happy that Jostens recognized how cool it was.”

The Look Book will be distributed to 13,000 high schools across the nation and will serve as a guide to outstanding yearbook productions. Two schools have already contacted the yearbook staff about getting a copy of The Wolverine yearbook. One of them is located in Michigan.

“The Look Book showcases the hard work and dedication of students who tell the story of the school year through photos and words. It is their collaboration and communication, as well as creative thinking in challenging situations, that results in the fine designs shown in this book,” Sara Sausker, Senior Manager of Customer Experience, said.

The cover displayed a three-page deep layer, exposing different graphic elements on each page. The theme of the book was “In Depth”.  

“We wanted everything to be perfect with this theme. It was hard because we wanted the reader to see tell the difference between each layer,” assistant editor, Jazmine Ramirez, said.

In a letter sent to the staff, Jostens, the country’s leader in yearbook production, is proud to publish The  Wolverine yearbook.

About the Writer
Jazmine Ramirez, Writer & Photographer

[email protected]
Jazmine Ramirez is a second year photographer and writer for the The Memorialist. She has been a member of the wolverine...