Winter Orchestra Concert Tonight Only

Middle School Music Group to Share Stage with the Wolverines

Back to Article
Back to Article

Winter Orchestra Concert Tonight Only

Erick Salcido, Writer

It`s that time of the year again. The orchestra will present it’s annual winter show at the Roberto Gomez Jr. Preforming Arts Center. This year’s concert will be, today only, on Monday December 17 at 6 p.m. The admission for the concert is free.

This year’s concert is special since the Audie Murphy Middle School will join our musicians. The orchestras will perform holiday songs like a Holy Jolly Christmas arranged by Bob Cerulli and Will You Be Bach for Christmas by Michel Hopkins. Having the younger orchestra play with the high school orchestra will be great practice for them.

“Having the Murphy Varsity Orchestra as guest performers is a great opportunity to expose them to the level of performance literature we teach at PSJA Memorial,” Angel Carreon, Assistant Orchestra Director, said.  

At the winter concert all the orchestras will also perofrm their UIL music to show their improvement in ability. The varsity and the junior varsity orchestra will perform both their full orchestra music and their normal UIL music for the winter concert.  The novice orchestra will perform their UIL music only.

“I feel really excited. I’m excited for the kids. I’m excited we are doing holiday music it’s always a great moment for us to put UIL music on stage even though it is due in February. I always like to take advantage of the holiday season to work on the UIL music,” Martin Trevino, Head Orchestra Director, said.

The Orchestra Winter concert is the prefect event to go to if you are looking to be put in the holiday spirit. The orchestra will host an ugly sweater contest in which the audience will vote for the winner.